Welcome to CraftYourTown!

Welcome to the CraftYourTown forums

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMPORTANT Explanation...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CraftYourTown

CraftYourTown Manager
    Manager

Well...

What happened last night?

Well, last night Craft Your Town was botted with over 100 fake users, all coming from Brazil. The funny thing is all these users were on different fake IP Address's so we couldn't just do a simple IP Ban. We had to enable our GeoIP filters to blacklist Brazil temporarily.

All users in the following picture with 1 bar are fake users.
    [​IMG]

Why did data corruption happen?
    Well, after I blacklisted the entire country of Brazil (which is now unblacklisted), they were still attempting to log in with around 30-50 users at the time. This caused the Essentials (which is poorly coded) Economy to overflow with data and not be able to save it all.

What are you going to do?
    We loaded a backup of Essentials from 5 days ago, which means you will lose money, and we will not replace it even if you have proof as it's not fair to other users that don't have proof. Town taxes have been disabled for 1 week while you regain all your money as we are incapable of fixing that.

Apologies from the CraftYourTown Management Team and Development Team. We will make sure things like this does not happen again.

nitramleo and lukemango like this.
  2. lukemango

lukemango Owner
    Owner

press f to pay respek

3. Denies

Denies Member

It's good to know the server is back up and recovering from the attack.

While the balances being lost will be a hit to people, I'll remind everyone that you did earn it in the first place, so you can again. Don't let the loss affect your gameplay. Keep at it, you'll recover in no time.

See you all online eh.

lukemango likes this.
  4. nitramleo

nitramleo New Member

f

5. Ninja

Ninja Member

Eh life is full of Lessons... Just gotta make sure you learn from those lessons and don't let it happen/make the mistake again...
    None the less I'm sure everyone will bounce back from this mistake >.> Most of the CYT community is very understandable and I'm sure they understand/will understand it wasn't your guys fault ^.^

Just gotta bounce back from this hit and move on and continue to play!

To be cringy... "Craft you later guys! :D"

lukemango and Denies like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.