Welcome to CraftYourTown!

Welcome to the CraftYourTown forums

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMPORTANT CraftYourTown V4 - Official Announcement and Information

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukemango

lukemango Owner
    Owner

CraftYourTown - V4 Reset & Planned Updates

It’s happening.

We will be resetting the server, and changing a huge amount of features on the server and the way the economy is run. Please make sure to read the rest of the post to fully understand the changes and the reasons behind them. Yes, we know it’s long but it’s needed.

So firstly, we’ll be completely resetting everything. Well, why? We’ve noticed over the past month, that players have been complaining about having ‘nothing’ to do. This got us thinking, what can we do to the server, and players came to us and suggested a reset. We think this is a great opportunity to add features and start fresh with you all to ensure a more sustainable and reliable economy, as well as features such as the dungeons, quests, and jobs, being more relevant to the server and it’s community.

We will also be changing the way the economy is run, this means that /shop will no-longer contain everything in the creative menu. We will make sure it has basic items that you may need, however for other things you will have to get them yourself by making and/or trading. The economy from V4 will be mostly player-ran, and money will be inserted into the economy via voting, dungeons, jobs, quests and the ‘REACT’ challenges in the public chat. The economy will become much realistic, meaning around 2 million in V3 will equate to around 100k or lower in V4.

As per request from Mojang, we will be further complying with the Minecraft EULA meaning that we have to change the rewards for donating. Rewards such as kits and other rewards now need to be obtainable in-game. This will result in us de-buffing and make the server less-op to help stabilize the economy and comply with Mojang's restrictions. We will furthermore keep ‘Obsidian’ above just default enchantments, however, we will be making the enchantments obtainable by the dungeons mentioned earlier.

We feel as though the dungeons will become a much bigger part of the server, therefore we will be making huge edits to them and it's rewarding. They will be more organized and balanced and they will consist of levels that players may fight through to obtain the rewards. You can find more about the dungeons here

Moving on, we’re improving rewards for crates, voting and bug reports meaning you can get much more useful and custom rewards. We want to make your experience on V4 much more unique by adding custom items, new custom enchants and custom merchants.

We’ll also be adding Lucky Blocks, these can drop custom, useful and cosmetic items for you to use. They can be obtained by mining, and they will automatically appear and only you can see yours so they cannot be stolen. They will basically be chests with useful items inside for you to take.

About donators, whatever you have purchased you will receive back within 10-15 minutes of logging in after the reset date. However, as we have new standards for items, kits, money, and rewards may be debuffed to meet Mojang and our needs.

We will be planning to do all of the updates listed above on the 22nd March (closing date) and will reopen on the Friday 23rd March at around Midnight (GMT)

We hope to see you all back for round 4, and more.

Thanks,
    CraftYourTown Management.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please leave any questions you may have in the comments

Please leave any ideas you may have here

#1 lukemango, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  2. Arein

Arein Manager
    Manager

3. eGirlTyler

eGirlTyler New Member

Who can I contact to possibly get a schematic of my town/waterpark?

4. lukemango

lukemango Owner
    Owner

Either me or @Arein

We however may upload the world file, vote soon.
    Bare in mind it's 83GB.

el_macho likes this.
  5. SkyNinja

SkyNinja Member

Cant wait! If anyone wants to colab with me In making a town DM in discord! Chemicalzz#6681

6. Cowboydancer

Cowboydancer New Member

will we still have slimefun plugin,??? I love that feature....

7. SkyNinja

SkyNinja Member

so do i! please keep sf

8. Arein

Arein Manager
    Manager

Slimefun will be kept, but the majority of items will be removed.

9. SkyNinja

SkyNinja Member

Will the explosive pick or lumber axe be staying?

10. el_macho

el_macho Member

Can we fill our player vaults with armour and weapons and such so we don't have to grind for ages for books and sf items.
    I have a ton of stuff that I would be sad to lose. Also, about nothing to do. I spend my time spamming /wild to find abandoned towns and unclaimed bases where I find all sorts of stuff. This gives me enjoyment, maybe consider adding hidden bases or something?

11. lukemango

lukemango Owner
    Owner

All PV's, enderchests and the map will be reset.

12. Arein

Arein Manager
    Manager

Explosive pickaxe is staying, lumber axe is disabled.

13. SkyNinja

SkyNinja Member

Ok!

14. el_macho

el_macho Member

What about /fly, will we keep that if we already have purchased it, and if so, will it also be made available through dungeons?

15. Arein

Arein Manager
    Manager

You will only be able to get /fly from voting as a one percent chance.

16. Cowboydancer

Cowboydancer New Member

so If I bought fly, I will no longer have it? do I get a refund or something?

17. lukemango

lukemango Owner
    Owner

If you've already bought it, you keep it.

Cowboydancer likes this.
  18. SkyNinja

SkyNinja Member

Will ranks still have fly?

19. lukemango

lukemango Owner
    Owner

Most likely.

20. Cowboydancer

Cowboydancer New Member

This friday

Thread Status: