Plugin Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuda_

Friendly
Best answers
Hey guys,

I've seen map painting plugins used on a few servers, and thought it would be a nice inconsequential plugin that would provide the community with another creative outlet. Not sure if this server is running on bukkit or spigot but one I'd recommend is ArtMap. It's a very easy to use little plugin that allows players to craft a canvas and brush (among other tools) to paint the surface of a minecraft map. These maps can be hung in an item frame, copied, and redistributed/sold. All in all the plugin is really just a better utilization of a mechanic that already exists in the game without extensive use of the land doing it in vanilla would require. I am aware of the potential effect on server performance, but this might be negligible if the price point for acquiring a canvas is substantial enough to warrant the limited use of the feature.

Thank you for your consideration :D
-Cuda

Yiroh

Famous
Former Staff
Best answers
ArtMap is a cool plugin and its sort of a money dump for players who are too lazy to make these kind of things... I am for it for that part but against it for as you said: the potential effect on server performance. I'm more concerned about server performance because then everyone's experience is worse off and player counts will drop as an effect of that...

Cuda_

Friendly
Best answers
I feel that a plugin such as artmap would still be a great addition to the server's repertoire of features. Though I am trying to be as mindful as possible on server performance, I don't believe it will be of great consequence when you consider potential workarounds. As I had mentioned previously increasing the cost of using the plugin would negate the overuse of the feature while still providing dedicated players the ability to go the extra mile while decorating their homes. I sincerely hope this plugin is taken into consideration because I truly believe the creative benefits outweigh the unlikely scenario that the plugin will have a catastrophic effect on server performance.

Yiroh

Famous
Former Staff
Best answers
This plugin doesn't affect natural map generation, correct? We had the problem I just mentioned with another program that converted images to maps so just curious if you know that...

Cuda_

Friendly
Best answers
Should be independent of natural map generation, I haven't ever heard of any bugs from artmap that have caused that particular issue.

iChasm

Very Notable Member
Former Staff
Best answers
We all already know we'll have users who will do NSFW things with this. But other then them, I think it would be adorable to add!

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.