Player vs. Player - Content

Which option do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

69in

Famous
Best answers
Hey guys, 69in here or otherwise known as Justin. I am an extremely late-game player on the server who finds it very boring to play most days so I normally just AFK or AFK... you get it.

Anyway, recently they removed one of the features I use to do for fun because it was something that late-game players could have fun doing, however, it was not limited to only late-game players. This feature that I am talking about is ENVOY. Envoy was this hourly event where players could run around and collect crates for money and attack other players (to only get 2% of their balance, not anything from them).

Now, here's the suggestion,

1. Bring back Envoy (Rewards and all) while some people may say that "my group" controls envoy, people still enjoyed having it and many wished it came back. This would obviously be the more "friendly" decision of the two.

2. Remove /pvp toggle. Now I understand, people are going to say "pvp is an option" while yes this is true, we were told this feature was going to be a temporary feature to begin with. If I may reflect on past versions, in v6 we had "keep inventory" but no pvp toggle. This was removed because Luke had explicitly told us it was only going to last so long. Now Luke has told us this "pvp toggle" was only going to last so long and in addition to that, this pvp toggle is worse than keep inventory because not only can you not lose your stuff, you can't even be hit. This is like playing in /god mode while other players are not. Now people are going to say, "So why do you not use it" and that is simply, because it is BORING. If I wanted to be bored I could watch paint dry. Now I know Luke has made the correct decision back in v6 when he removed it.

Now I am aware that this suggestion is more of a drastic change then bringing back envoys, but, assuming there was a good reason to as why envoy was removed, this could be a new way to revive PvP on CYT.

I am suggesting these options because as I said earlier, I have become quite bored with CYT. As a veteran and an active player, I would rather stay on here then go to another server, but if new content for late-game players is not added I am afraid my motivation to play will fade away and I will not want to play CYT anymore. Now I know me saying this Luke is probably saying "Finally I can get rid of him" but is that what you say to players that have stuck to playing the server after all the drama?

Please vote for which option you prefer in the poll. The community's opinion matters and so does yours!

Bjordan

Known
Best answers
I quite like envoys because while I have died to khaz and justin in the past and lost quite a bit of money, now we even have banking system so you really shouldn't lose much money at all making it only a benefit to keep in game. I loved the revamp you did and it gave new players a quick way to grab cash, run in grab one 1k crate, die and lose $200 big deal, still made $800 and people get their pvp fix, everyone is happy. Without pvp the fact that we got our axes and unarmed to 1000 means nothing because your dungeons mobs have unbreakable armor anyway.

yoboh

Known
Best answers
I personally think Option 1 is the better option since it doesn't force players to participate in PvP.

Option 2 would be quite stupid considering that this isn't supposed to be a pvp-focused server. From what I have seen, most players on the server prefer having the ability to turn pvp on or off. It is also good for new players since they can explore without needing to worry about someone with OP gear coming along and killing them.

69in

Famous
Best answers
I personally think Option 1 is the better option since it doesn't force players to participate in PvP.

Option 2 would be quite stupid considering that this isn't supposed to be a pvp-focused server. From what I have seen, most players on the server prefer having the ability to turn pvp on or off. It is also good for new players since they can explore without needing to worry about someone with OP gear coming along and killing them.
In refuting for what you said about option 2, in the past we had a pvp timer for new players that would prevent this exact scenario. It would not be hard for the pvp timer to be added back but I have a feeling it won't be that easy.

yoboh

Known
Best answers
In refuting for what you said about option 2, in the past we had a pvp timer for new players that would prevent this exact scenario. It would not be hard for the pvp timer to be added back but I have a feeling it won't be that easy.
A pvp timer would be a somewhat good replacement if pvp toggle was removed.

I still think pvp toggle should remain though due to most players preferring to have the option of toggling it and also because this is not a pvp-focused server.

lukemango

Owner
Owner
Best answers
We do not currently have any plans to change the state of PvP, this is not a PvP orientated server.

Thanks for your suggestion,
Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.