Nerf Miners Mayhem from Brewery Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHAZIXSTAN

Talkative
Best answers
The brewery plugin gives haste 5 at the cost pretty much nothing. The other ways to get haste is with ces, haste pots, haste gems or beacons.
To get haste 2 from a beacon, its going to require a base with 164 iron blocks.
To get haste 2 gems, its from /rewards and crates, which is not a very reliable way to obtain the haste effect.
To get haste 2 pots, you need to torture yourself to grind alchemy.
Lastly, ces are pretty expensive, all for getting a maximum haste effect of 3.
Why should an item, that requires a measly 4 coal blocks, 3 redstone blocks, 2 diamond blocks, and 1 emerald block, immensely out perform the previously stated methods and have a really cheap recipe?

Sadbri

Best answers
Okay I understand when I made it I will be honest and didn’t know you could get haste gems. I want to make brewery useful and not just about the alcoholic drinks it’s known for. How about a rebuff to make things interesting. I could revamp the recipe completely however not give away the full recipe for example you would see
Miners Mayhem
Emerald ?
Diamond block ?
Redstone block ?
Coal block ?
Cook time ?

It would be up to you to use your resources to work out the recipes. You could be lucky and work it out first try or take 10 or 20 attempts to get it right. I’d have the difficulty set to max and if made anything other than perfect it would ruin.
This way others the Plugin still stays useful without the compromise of being too easy.

Yiroh

Famous
Former Staff
Best answers
Okay I understand when I made it I will be honest and didn’t know you could get haste gems. I want to make brewery useful and not just about the alcoholic drinks it’s known for. How about a rebuff to make things interesting. I could revamp the recipe completely however not give away the full recipe for example you would see
Miners Mayhem
Emerald ?
Diamond block ?
Redstone block ?
Coal block ?
Cook time ?

It would be up to you to use your resources to work out the recipes. You could be lucky and work it out first try or take 10 or 20 attempts to get it right. I’d have the difficulty set to max and if made anything other than perfect it would ruin.
This way others the Plugin still stays useful without the compromise of being too easy.
There is one way to make all the above obsolete as well! Say I've successfully brewed it... my friend asks: "Hey! Do you know the recipe for Miners Mayhem?" and I can go: "Yes I do! You _ and _ and finally _!" and now the recipe that you would normally have to work out ends up in the "lucky and work it out first try" recipe. Just nerf the haste effect!

KHAZIXSTAN

Talkative
Best answers
A cheap recipe should never out perform haste gems that give haste 3 and are very hard to renew or outperform the insane expensive haste 3 ce. Haste 2 pots are 1 minute and 30 seconds long if made by mcmmo, and should have a similar duration and potency as haste 2 pots from mcmmo. Nerfing to haste 1 would make it useless as people would use tier 1 beacons instead. So the haste effect should be nerfed to haste 2 and last about 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Sadbri

Best answers
If i wrote this
Miners Mayhem
- Emerald x1
- Diamond block x?
- Redstone block x3
- Coal Block x?
- Mystery Mineable ore x3
Cook time: ?

You would have to not only guess how many diamond and coal blocks but also what the mystery ore is and how long to cook it for. The plan all along was to keep changing brews monthy, to keep the brews exciting. If people work it out thats great for them, there is potentially hundreds of different ways to make this and i cant imagine people will go through such a tedious job for only a haste 2 for 1 1/2 mins.

69in

Famous
Best answers
If i wrote this
Miners Mayhem
- Emerald x1
- Diamond block x?
- Redstone block x3
- Coal Block x?
- Mystery Mineable ore x3
Cook time: ?

You would have to not only guess how many diamond and coal blocks but also what the mystery ore is and how long to cook it for. The plan all along was to keep changing brews monthy, to keep the brews exciting. If people work it out thats great for them, there is potentially hundreds of different ways to make this and i cant imagine people will go through such a tedious job for only a haste 2 for 1 1/2 mins.
It's not the recipe that's the issue is how op the thing itself is. Given enough resources regardless of the price, people can mass produce this which is pretty op. In my honest opinion this drink should either be removed or nerfed HEAVILY.

Bjordan

Known
Best answers
It's not the recipe that's the issue is how op the thing itself is. Given enough resources regardless of the price, people can mass produce this which is pretty op. In my honest opinion this drink should either be removed or nerfed HEAVILY.
what if it just costed a haste gem? it makes it like an upgrade to the haste gem, and expensive on top of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.