Mob Stacking Plugin (Reduce Lag)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iChasm

Well Known
Best answers
Lately, the server has been having constant spikes throughout the day, and I have noticed they seem to be slowly getting more common. With the hundreds and hundreds of spawners around the server maybe a mob stacking plugin would help. Bolio told me that you used to have it in the past, but it was removed. Maybe it would help to bring it back unless it caused issues otherwise don't. But just a suggestion!
Thanks

- Chasm

Fear

Famous
Former Staff
Best answers
You'd think this would help the current lag situation, but it'd actually make it worse as mobs would keep popping out of eachother, and it'll make spawners useless as there'll be only 1 mob at a time to kill :cyt:

lukemango

Owner
Owner
Best answers
Here's the issue with mob stackers:

1) The plugins have a max-mob per stack, meaning once that amount is full, a new stack of the same mob will appear. This basically renders the plugin useless as if you just afk for 5 minutes, you've got the same amount of mobs visible, with even more appearing when you kill them, whilst more are still spawning.

2) If they don't have a max-mob per stack, that makes grinders, farms and several other player creations rendered useless as you can't breed or kill them quickly as it'll just be one mob with several in it.

3) How they stack mobs is extremely intensive, there's constant checks for mobs in a certain radius. The plugin is always listening to the following events: CreatureSpawnEvent, EntitySpawnEvent and EntityDeathEvent. This can get quite messy, especially with Dungeons (and the Custom Mob plugin).

iChasm

Well Known
Best answers
Thank you everyone! I don't know if you lock forum posts, if so this can be locked and put under denied. Thanks for the feedback!

- Chasm

Status
Not open for further replies.