Auctioning System in the Auction House

iChasm

Well Known
Best answers
I found out the server used to have an auction plugin to bid on items, but it constantly flooded the chat so it was removed. Knowing that bidding on items would raise the economy in my opinion and players would get more of a profit our of their items, what if we added a bidding style system inside of the auction house? For example, the GUI looks the same but when you mouse over an item is shows its current bid, and if you want to bid on it, you click it, and the same style menu for the bank comes up where you can raise your big by either +10, +100, and +1000 by three different panes of glass. You set the amount and click a confirm button on the bottom. When you confirm your bid, the last player who bid gets a notification in chat that says "iChasm just outbid you on [Item Name] by [Amount Difference]". This is the only notification the player would get, so there would be no flood in chat. Then once the auction would run out of time the player who hosted the item would get a notification saying, "Your [Item Name] was just sold for [Amount]". Then have like a 10% tax taken out, and the rest deposited into the player's account. When setting up the item, maybe you could either have a set time like a day or few hours or let the player decide based on their rank, so the higher the rank the more time its on the auction house, to allow more people to see it. Thanks for reading, and I hope you like the idea!
Thanks

- Chasm

iChasm

Well Known
Best answers
AH right now is really just buy it now house, there is no actual auction aspect to it.
Yes, that's the main reason I think it would be awesome to add an auction-style system to it! Players would make more money off items too.

lukemango

Owner
Owner
Best answers
Update: This is possible but the plugin we were planning to use to do this has a huge duplication issue, we're going to keep this on our radar.